Training for instructors of ultralight airplanes pilots consists of theory instruction and practical training.
Theory instruction consists of general theory and applied theory (Ground training).
General theory consists of seven subjects:
- Theory of flying (Flight principles)
- Air navigation;
- General knowledge on aviation;
- Teaching methodology and flight training;
- Civil Aviation regulations.
General theory is conducted with total number of 40 lessons. One lesson lasts 45 minutes.
Applied theory consists of 4 topics:
- General knowledge on types of airplanes
- Flight techniques on the type
- Regular and emergency procedures
- Instruction for using airports
Applied theory is conducted with total number of 10 lessons.
Practical training for the instructors of ultralight airplanes pilots consists of flight training in 10 flying lessons. An applicant for a flight instructor conducts a flight on the right seat. Before starting the flight training, an applicant must complete the training for the type of an aircraft that ULA(I) instructor’s training is conducted for. The training for the requested type has to be conducted in a manner prescribed in „MAG plastic“ , UL Pilot Sshool’s Instruction for training.